You’ll be hard pressed to find a fan of crypto casinos who doesn’t like a hand or two of poker. And, doubly hard pressed to find someone who doesn’t love Bitcoin. But what about the two combined?
Bitcoin Poker is any type of poker game that can be played with Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. Here, Crypto Lists goes through the best Bitcoin poker sites, shows the main reasons why people play online poker with BTC and also presents an overview for the most popular types of games available in this niche.
75 Best Casinos with Bitcoin Poker
Go directly to
- 1 75 Best Casinos with Bitcoin Poker
- 2 What is Bitcoin Poker?
- 3 How is Bitcoin Poker Different to Normal Online Poker?
- 4 What is the History of Bitcoin Poker?
- 5 What about Traditional Poker?
- 6 Why play online poker with Bitcoin?
- 7 Risk factors with poker sites accepting bitcoin?
- 8 How Does Bitcoin Poker Work?
- 9 How popular is Bitcoin poker?
- 10 Which types of Bitcoin poker can I play?
- 11 Current Bitcoin poker tournaments
What is Bitcoin Poker?
Bitcoin poker is a modern spin on the classic card game, leveraging the power of digital currency for play. Just like traditional poker, Bitcoin poker involves strategy, bluffing, and a bit of luck.
However, instead of betting with traditional currency, players use Bitcoin, a decentralized digital currency that offers speed, security, and being on the cutting edge. You’ll find Bitcoin poker on plenty of high-level Bitcoin casinos.
Duelbits Casino is unfortunately not allowing players from your country, but we would suggest that you check out BC Game instead.
How is Bitcoin Poker Different to Normal Online Poker?
The main difference between Bitcoin poker and regular online poker lies in the currency used. While traditional online poker requires deposits and withdrawals in fiat currencies, Bitcoin poker utilizes Bitcoin for all transactions.
This not only simplifies the process (for those familiar with crypto of course), but also provides a level of anonymity and security not usually found in traditional online poker.
The decentralized nature of Bitcoin means it’s not governed by traditional banking regulations and can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
This opens up Bitcoin poker to players in regions where online gambling might be restricted. There’s also the added buzz of Bitcoin’s price volatility. The value of your winnings can increase (or decrease) based on market fluctuations.
What is the History of Bitcoin Poker?
Bitcoin poker is relatively new, with its roots tracing back to the invention of Bitcoin in 2009. As Bitcoin gained popularity, online poker sites started to notice the potential benefits of this new currency.
The first Bitcoin poker sites began to appear around 2011, offering a unique alternative to traditional online poker. Since then, it’s gained momentum, with more and more poker sites – and online casinos with poker as a playable table game – accepting Bitcoin as a payment option.
What about Traditional Poker?
Traditional poker has a rich and varied history, dating back several centuries. Its exact origins are still debated, but the game as we know it today started to take shape in the United States in the early 19th century.
Over the next hundred years, poker spread across the country, growing in popularity and complexity.
The game took a significant leap forward with the advent of online poker in the late 1990s. This new format brought poker into homes around the world, introducing the game to a whole new audience.
With the rise of the internet and the digital age, it was only a matter of time before Bitcoin poker emerged as the next step in the evolution of the game.
Why play online poker with Bitcoin?
While everybody has their own personal preferences, here are our seven superb reasons to play Bitcoin poker instead of the dusty old fiat kind.
- Anonymity: Who doesn’t enjoy a little mystery? With Bitcoin poker, you’re like the phantom of the poker table. On anonymous crypto casinos, Bitcoin transactions don’t require you to disclose personal details.
- Lower Fees: Want to keep more of your hard-earned winnings? Bitcoin poker has you covered. There are fewer fees compared to fiat poker, meaning more of that digital gold stays in your pocket.
- Quicker Withdrawals: Tired of waiting for your winnings? Bitcoin poker speeds up the process. Its rapid wallet-to-wallet transactions leave fiat poker in the dust.
- Less Competition: The world of Bitcoin poker is somewhat of a hidden gem. There’s less competition compared to major fiat poker rooms, giving you a higher chance of coming out on top.
- Provably Fair Poker Games: Bitcoin poker is like the superhero of transparency. It offers provably fair games, making it impossible for any party to cheat.
- Different Rooms: Variety is the spice of life, right? Bitcoin poker offers a plethora of different settings and rooms, giving you the chance to mix things up and keep your poker nights exciting.
- A Way to Earn Bitcoin: Got a knack for poker? Put your skills to the test and you could earn Bitcoin in the process. It’s like hitting two birds with one stone – honing your poker skills while growing your Bitcoin wallet.
Risk factors with poker sites accepting bitcoin?
We’re a review site, not Bitcoin poker evangelists. So, we’ve gotta give you the flipside. Here are our five reasons to stick to the old school.
- Lack of Regulatory Oversight: Unlike traditional casinos, not all Bitcoin poker sites are licensed. This means that they operate without regulatory oversight, which could potentially leave you vulnerable to unfair practices.
- A Shorter Track Record: Bitcoin casinos have a much shorter history compared to their fiat counterparts. This short lifespan makes it harder for them to prove their reliability and trustworthiness to potential players.
- Limited Payment Methods: Bitcoin poker sites typically offer a limited number of payment options. While they accept Bitcoin, they might not accept other popular cryptocurrencies or traditional payment methods, which could be inconvenient if you prefer other options.
- Volatility Risk: The value of Bitcoin is highly volatile, meaning it can fluctuate widely in a very short time. This could affect your poker winnings significantly if the value of Bitcoin drops after you’ve won.
- Technological Complexity: Using Bitcoin requires a degree of technical know-how that not everyone possesses. This could be a barrier if you’re not so tech-savvy and find the process of buying, storing, and using Bitcoin daunting.
How Does Bitcoin Poker Work?
Bitcoin poker works much like traditional online poker, but with a few key differences. To start, you’ll need to purchase Bitcoin from a cryptocurrency exchange and transfer it to your poker account. From there, you can join any poker game or tournament that accepts Bitcoin.
The gameplay itself is the same as any poker game. The main difference is in the transactions. Deposits, bets, and withdrawals are all made in BTC.
Each poker hand is still determined by the standard rules of poker, and your success still depends on your skill and a bit of luck. But instead of cashing out your winnings in dollars or euros, you’ll be withdrawing in Bitcoin. Or, in plenty of cases, the casino site will convert to fiat upon withdrawal if you’d prefer.
How popular is Bitcoin poker?
According to a report by Statista, the global online casino and online table games market – which includes poker – reached 262 billion USD in 2021. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020, the market for 2021 was estimated to be only 178.7 billion USD according to another report on Statista.
So in other words, the growth rate between 2020 and 2021 was 46.7%. Let’s see what the statistics for 2022 highlight when they’re released later in 2023. In terms of crypto or Bitcoin poker specifically, there are no firm numbers. However, the overall number of online poker players is enormous.
As of June 2023, online poker is a $2 billion industry, with players from around the world participating in games. According to work from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, it’s estimated that approximately 40 million people worldwide play online poker. Some of which we can be sure is of the crypto kind.
Which types of Bitcoin poker can I play?
Poker is a game of skill, strategy, and a little bit of luck. Now, mix in some Bitcoin, and you’re playing a whole new ball game. But did you know that there are various kinds of Bitcoin poker games that you can enjoy? Let’s dive in and discover them, shall we?
Below are some of the most popular types Bitcoin poker games that you can play on reputable crypto casinos and poker sites.
Bitcoin Live Poker
Bitcoin live poker is the perfect blend of traditional casino fun and cutting-edge technology. You play in real-time with real dealers, all while staying more anonymous and avoiding hefty transaction fees. The betting is the same as traditional poker, but the stakes are made in Bitcoin. It’s the perfect blend of technology and classic poker action.
It’s like having a poker night with friends, but instead of chips, you’re using Bitcoin. How cool is that?
Bitcoin Texas Hold’em
Now, let’s talk about the most popular poker game out there — Texas Hold’em. Bitcoin Texas Hold’em takes the classic game you know and love, and introduces new twists. With Bitcoin, the buy-ins and payouts can be much quicker and more efficient.
You can bid your way to victory, call your opponents’ bluffs, and have a blast, all while earning Bitcoin. And the best part? The winnings get transferred to your crypto wallet faster than you can say “Royal Flush”!
Bitcoin No Limit Hold’em
Are you a high roller who loves to take risks? Bitcoin No Limit Hold’em is your game. In this version, there’s no cap on the amount you can bet. You can go all-in with a single hand if you’re feeling lucky.
The Bitcoin element adds an extra layer of excitement, due to its notorious volatility. If you love adrenaline-pumping action and the possibility of big wins, this is the game for you.
Bitcoin Omaha Hold’em
If you’re a fan of complexity and multiple possibilities, then Bitcoin Omaha Hold’em is worth a shot.
This poker variant gives you four hole cards instead of two, increasing the number of potential winning hands. Bitcoin adds a fresh spin, making transactions seamless and swift. It’s a game that requires skill, strategy, and a keen understanding of probabilities.
Bitcoin Carribean Stud
Let’s take a trip to the Caribbean, shall we? Bitcoin Caribbean Stud is a five-card poker game that pits you against the dealer. With Bitcoin, the game becomes more accessible as it eliminates the need for cash handling or credit card transactions.
If you’re a fan of one-on-one poker games and you’re aiming for that progressive jackpot, this game is for you.
Bitcoin Seven Card Stud
Last, but definitely not least, we have Bitcoin Seven Card Stud. This game is for the true poker aficionados. It requires strategy, memory, and the ability to read your opponents. With Bitcoin, you can enjoy this sophisticated poker variant with ease and a higher degree of anonymity.
It’s a challenging, yet rewarding game that can keep you on your toes.
Current Bitcoin poker tournaments
As you can see in the toplist above, we’ve got tons of casinos that have great Bitcoin poker games. But which ones have tournaments going on right now? One of our other favorites is Bit Casino IO (review). It’s one of the oldest Bitcoin casinos in the world so you can rest assured their poker offering is well established. Check it out!
Another is Vave (read review), where you have a very varied amount of crypto options to fully embrace the crypto poker experience!
Vave Casino is unfortunately not allowing players from your country, but we would suggest that you check out BC Game instead.