If you’ve been in and around the crypto casino niche for a while there’s no doubt that you’ve come across the phrase ‘provably fair’. But what does it mean, why is it a positive, and which casinos fit the bill in August, 2023?
Luckily, we’ve answered all those questions and produced a convenient toplist of the best Bitcoin casinos that are provably fair. First things first, provably fair in iGaming refers to a system that allows players to verify the fairness of the game they are playing.
It’s a method used by online casinos and other iGaming platforms to ensure that their games are not rigged or manipulated in any way. To see which websites we’ve verified as being completely fair, check out the first list below for sites with only provably fair games or go further down to the alternative toplist covering casinos with some provably fair games.
8 Best Provably Only Fair Casinos
Below you’ll find a list of provably fair casino sites, where it’s 100% certifiable that no rigging or manipulation takes place on their games.
What does provably fair mean?
To elaborate on the introduction, if you’re playing an online casino game and come across the term ‘provably fair’, it means that the platform has implemented a system that allows you to verify the fairness of the game. This system ensures that the game you are playing is not rigged or manipulated in any way.
With a provably fair system, the game’s algorithm or random number generator is transparent and verifiable, which allows you to check the outcome of the game to confirm that it was determined fairly without any interference from the platform or the operator.
To verify the fairness of a provably fair game, you’ill typically use cryptographic algorithms that generate a unique signature for each game outcome. By using this signature, you can check that the game was played fairly and that the outcome was not predetermined or altered in any way.
Overall, provably fair systems in iGaming are an essential component to build trust between players and casinos and ensure that games are played fairly and honestly.
What are provably fair casinos?
A provably fair casino is an online casino that uses a system to ensure its games are fair. When you play a game at a provably fair casino, the system generates a seed that initializes the game’s algorithm. After the game, you can use the unique signature generated by the cryptographic algorithm to verify that the game was played fairly.
A provably fair casino typically offers a range of in-house games.
Some sites include casinos that have a mix of provably fair in-house titles alongside those of other providers. We’ve been a little more strict in this regard and that’s why we’ve only got a small handful.
40 Casinos With Some Provably Fair Games
Below you’ll find a list of casinos that have some games which are provably fair in Aug, 2023.
Go directly to
- 1 8 Best Provably Only Fair Casinos
- 2 40 Casinos With Some Provably Fair Games
- 2.1 How does the provably fair algorithm work on a casino?
- 2.2 Why should I play on a provably fair casino?
- 2.3 Is provable fairness something to do with Bitcoin?
- 2.4 Are decentralized casinos provably fair?
- 2.5 How is provably fair calculated?
- 2.6 What is the best provably fair casino?
- 2.7 What are provably fair games?
- 2.8 What role do game developers play in provably fair games?
- 2.9 How can I check to see if a game is provably fair?
- 2.10 Which games are provably fair?
- 2.11 Are crash games provably fair?
- 2.12 Are crypto casinos fairer than real money casinos?
- 2.13 Which other provably fair casinos such I try?
- 2.14 FAQ
How does the provably fair algorithm work on a casino?
A provably fair algorithm is a mathematical method used by online casinos to demonstrate that their games are fair. The algorithm involves the use of a seed number that is hashed and sent to the player by the gambling site. The player adds their own seed, and the game is played out based on the combined seeds.
After the game, the player can verify that the outcome was fair by checking the hash generated by the algorithm. This ensures that the game cannot be rigged and that the casino is not cheating the player. Provably fair casinos should also offer high-level security solutions, accept cryptocurrencies, and have unique features like enhanced privacy.
Why should I play on a provably fair casino?
Pretty simply really. Using provably fair casinos offers several benefits for anyone who value fairness, transparency, and security when betting and gambling online:
- Fairness: Provably fair casinos use cryptographic algorithms and hashes to generate random and unbiased game outcomes, which ensures that the results of games are not manipulated by the casino or the developer.
- Transparency: Provably fair casinos provide transparency about the game outcomes, such as a public record of the game results, and provide a way for you to verify the fairness of the outcomes using a unique identifier or a hash function.
- Trust: By using provably fair systems, you can trust that the casino is not cheating or manipulating the outcomes of games, which can lead to a more enjoyable and trustworthy gaming experience.
- Security: Provably fair casinos often use cryptocurrency, which provides an added layer of security and privacy. Cryptocurrency transactions are secure and anonymous, which means that you can gamble online without the risk of your personal information or financial data being compromised.
Is provable fairness something to do with Bitcoin?
Yep, provable fairness is related to Bitcoin, as it was first introduced as a way to ensure fair play in Bitcoin gambling. Bitcoin casino sites were some of the first to adopt provably fair systems, and the technology has since been adopted by other cryptocurrencies and online gambling platforms.
Bitcoin’s blockchain technology, which is decentralized and transparent, allows for the creation of provably fair systems that are open for anyone to verify. The use of cryptographic algorithms and hashes makes it possible to ensure that the outcome of a game is totally free from manipulation.
It must be highlighted that BTC and other cryptocurrencies have played a significant role in the development and widespread adoption of provably fair systems in the iGaming industry. And that’s something we at Crypto Lists think is very cool.
Are decentralized casinos provably fair?
100% decentralized crypto casinos – or fully decentalized – are most often provably fair, as they operate on a blockchain network that ensures transparency and trust. Smart contracts and cryptographic algorithms guarantee that game outcomes are fair and can’t be manipulated.
You can actually verify game fairness by checking the blockchain records, which are transparent and secure. One of the decentralized casinos we have reviewed is Duck Dice (review) which features various versions of dice games alongside sports betting and lottery. You can try Duck Dice out and see what you think.
How is provably fair calculated?
To calculate provably fair, cryptographic algorithms like SHA-256 and SHA-3 are used to generate a unique signature for each game outcome. This signature is compared to a predetermined value to confirm that the game outcome was not manipulated in any way, shape, or form.
When you play a provably fair game, the process of calculating provably fair involves the following steps:
- You (the player) or the platform generates a seed, which initializes the game’s algorithm or random number generator.
- You play the game, and the outcome is generated using the algorithm or random number generator.
- The outcome is hashed using a cryptographic algorithm, which creates a unique signature for the game.
- The signature is then compared to a predetermined value, which is also hashed using the same cryptographic algorithm.
- If the signature matches the predetermined value, the game is considered provably fair, and you can be confident that the outcome was not manipulated.
What is the best provably fair casino?
You only need to take a quick glance at the list above to see which casinos are provably fair. However, if you’re looking for a recommendation then you can’t go far wrong with Crypto Games as it’s one of the most popular provably fair in the iGaming niche and one we rated very highly with a score of 9.33 out of a possible 10.
Crypto Games is unfortunately not allowing players from your country, but we would suggest that you check out Crypto Games IO instead.
What are provably fair games?
Provably fair casino games use a system to ensure their fairness and transparency. In essence, a casino becomes provably fair when it hosts games that provably fair. Some of the most common provably fair casino games include:
- Slots – a super popular type where you spin reels to match symbols and win payouts. If you want to make sure that nothing is fake and made up, go with provably fair slots from casino sites such as Casino Games or Crypto Slots with a 177% match bonus.
- Roulette – a classic game often seen in the movies where you bet on the outcome of a spinning wheel. Players prefer the French or European provably fair roulette since there is only one zero and a 2.7% advantage to the house, versus the American roulette with 5.26% house edge. One of the most reputable Bitcoin casino that allow players from around the world is called Bitstarz. They got their own BitStars originals for both crash games, dice and blackjack. BGaming offer probably fair French and European roulette with excellent odds for you as a player. Sign-up for Bitstarz and try for yourself now.
- Blackjack – a card game where you try to beat the dealer by getting a hand of cards with a total value of 21 or close to it. The good thing with provably fair blackjack is that there is only 1.25% edge. However, if you learn how to count cards, the edge might even be in your own advantage. Our favorite site to play provably fair blackjack games is MBit casino where new players receive 75% extra and 75 extra free spins on their first deposit. Not bad right?
- Dice – a simple game where you bet on the outcome of a roll of dice. The main reason people play dice is the excitement and low house edge – only 1%. All that is needed is a little luck to beat the house on provably fair dice. Is it your lucky day? Find out by grabbing your Bitstarz bonus of 100% up to 1 BTC plus 180 free spins.
- Baccarat – a card game where you bet on the outcome of the game between the player and the ‘banker’. This is another game with very little house advantage. When playing probably fair Baccarat, there is only 1.06% house edge.
- Plinko – One of the most legendary crash games is called Plinko, featuring a ball that falls down into different rewards or without giving anything. Betnomi (see review) got multiple probably fair crash games such as Plinko, Fishing, X50 Wheel, Zeppelin and Talisman. Sign-up for a 150% first deposit bonus at Betnomi today and enjoy all those unique and fun games.
- Snoop’s Hotbox – One of the most popular provably fair games are Roobet’s hotbox. After signing up and depositing with Roobet, you get 70 free spins to enjoy. If you’re in for some fun, trying the crash game featuring Snoop Dogg where he smokes a big blunt. Regardless if you are a snoop dog fan or simply love entertaining and rewarding probably fun games, give it a try. Hit the cashout button before Snoop Dogg finishes smoking, and you’re a winner in this iconic crash game from Roobet.
What role do game developers play in provably fair games?
Great question. Casino game providers play an important role in the development and implementation of provably fair systems in online casino games. They are responsible for creating the software and algorithms that ensure the fairness and transparency of the games.
Alongside using cryptographic algorithms and hashes to generate random outcomes, they must also ensure that the game rules are clear and transparent, and that players have access to information about how the games work.
In addition, game developers may work with online casinos to integrate their provably fair systems into the casino’s platform. They may also provide ongoing support and maintenance to ensure that the games continue to function correctly and remain fair.
So all in all, game developers are essential to the creation and implementation of provably fair systems in online casino games, as they are responsible for creating the software that make these systems possible.
How can I check to see if a game is provably fair?
To check if a game is provably fair, you need to look for the casino’s verification process. Here are the steps to follow:
- Look for the provably fair section on the casino’s website or in the game rules. This might also be in the terms and conditions. If you can’t find it, you can always contact the casino via email or live chat.
- Check if the casino provides a public record of game outcomes that you can verify. This record should be stored on a blockchain or a similar public ledger if it’s a fully decentralized crypto casino.
- Check if the casino provides a way to verify the fairness of the game outcomes, such as a hash or a unique identifier.
- Use the verification tool provided by the casino to check the fairness of the game outcomes. This tool should allow you to input the hash or identifier and verify that the outcome was generated randomly and fairly.
Which games are provably fair?
One of the best games that’s been certified as being provably fair is Aviator from the developer Spribe. Spribe is a game developer that is known for using provably fair systems in their games, and the flying favorite is no exception.
If you wish, you can use the verification tool provided by Spribe after playing to input the identifier and check that the outcome was generated randomly and fairly.
In fact, all of the games we’ve reviewed on our site are provably fair.
Are crash games provably fair?
Not all crash games are necessarily provably fair. While crash games can be designed to be provably fair, it ultimately depends on how the game is programmed and implemented by the developer and the casino.
However, in all instances on our site in terms of reviews, crash games are provably fair. Likewise, games like Plinko may or may not be programmed to be provably fair, however, in the instances on Crypto Lists you come across you can be assured it is.
Are crypto casinos fairer than real money casinos?
Web3 casinos operating decentralized on a blockchain may be able offer a higher level of fairness compared to traditional fiat casinos, but it ultimately depends on the specific casino and its implementation of provably fair systems. But, it’s important to note that not all cryptocurrency casinos are created equal, and it’s always prudent to exercise caution and only play at reputable and trustworthy casinos such as the ones found on Crypto Lists.
Which other provably fair casinos such I try?
Alongside the aforementioned Crypto Games and Duck Dice, another provably fair casino we’d like to point out is Crypto Slots (review). Flying high with a rating of 9 out of a possible 10, and a full 10 out of 10 for bonuses with a 5 BTC total welcome package, it’s certainly worth checking out.
Truth be told though, although we’ve highlighted some specific examples here, you should take a look at the toplist above, read reviews of casinos that pique your interest, and make a selection based on your own specific criteria.
What is a probably fair casino?
That’s often just a mispelling of ‘provably’, as they’re confusingly similar particularly when you’re just skim reading a webpage. A probably fair casino is one you might wish to avoid! Whereas a provably fair one is fair, and one where you can bet safely and can even confirm so every bet got the correct house edge.
How do you select casinos for your list?
We test every casino as part of our review process, including navigation, ease of use, and other checks. This is to make the reviews as comprehensive and ‘first hand’ as possible. A nice consequence of this is we can also test for provable fairness. Additionally, some casinos provide proof in the terms and conditions, which shows they’re safe to play on.
What is the opposite of a provably fair casino?
The opposite of a provably fair casino would be an online casino that does not have any system in place to ensure the fairness of its games. A casino like that may be rigged or manipulated by the platform or the operator to favor the house and provide unfair advantages to the casino. We strive our hardest at Crypto Lists to avoid these sites, and in the unlikely circumstance that we do review one, we’ll point it out in the review and give it a low score.