If you’re based in Brazil and on the lookout for the best crypto casinos and the top sites to buy crypto coins then you’re in the right place.
So, you’re wondering about the crypto casino and crypto market in Brazil? Well, it’s an interesting situation. Due to legalities, both traditional online and crypto casinos are flourishing in the country. As for the crypto currency market, going from strength to strength. In December 2022, the use of crypto as a payment method was legal and regulated. Let’s toast to that! And, if Crypto Lists gets out the crystal ball, we’d imagine this will have a positive effect on the crypto gambling and betting space too.
Continue below to see our top lists of the best crypto-accepting casinos and the top cryptocurrency exchanges in the Brazilian market. Good luck, or boa sorte for all the crypto lovers in the land of Samba!
Best 181 Crypto Casinos for Brazil
Go directly to
- 1 Best 181 Crypto Casinos for Brazil
- 1.1 Are crypto casinos big in Brazil?
- 1.2 What’s the history of crypto casinos in Brazil?
- 1.3 Why are crypto casinos so popular in Brazil?
- 1.4 Do your casinos allow sports betting for Brazilians?
- 1.5 Are there any anonymous casinos for Brazilian players?
- 1.6 What are the best crypto casinos in Brazil?
- 1.7 Does Crypto Lists show new crypto casinos?
- 1.8 How to play at Brazilian crypto casinos?
- 1.9 Is betting and gambling legal in Brazil?
- 1.10 Why can I see some casinos that are blurred out?
- 2 Top 20 sites for trading crypto in Brazil
- 2.1 Are crypto currencies popular in Brazil?
- 2.2 Which ones are most popular?
- 2.3 What about blockchains?
- 2.4 Is it easy to buy crypto in Brazil?
- 2.5 Why is crypto big in Brazil?
- 2.6 Are there any crypto hubs in Brazil?
- 2.7 What are some popular exchanges for buying and trading in Brazil?
- 2.8 How do I buy crypto on an exchange?
Are crypto casinos big in Brazil?
In December 2022, crypto became a legalized payment method in Brazil. This was big news for the crypto iGaming sector, as it legitimized the use of Bitcoin and altcoins for everyday use. One of the main advantages of using crypto as a payment method is that it allows for faster and more secure transactions.
With traditional payment methods, such as credit cards and bank transfers, there can be delays and fees associated with transactions. With crypto, transactions can be completed in a matter of minutes and with minimal fees.
It’s also possible that we’ll see more Brazilian-specific crypto casinos in the coming years. As the market grows, it’s likely that more and more companies will look to establish a presence in Brazil specifically.
Before we dive into the reaons for the popularity of online crypto casino and sports betting in Brazil, let’s take a look at the history of gambling in the country.
What’s the history of crypto casinos in Brazil?
Gambling has had a long and complicated history in Brazil. In the early 1900s, gambling was legal and regulated in the country.
However, in 1946, then-President Eurico Gaspar Dutra signed a decree that banned it in all forms. This ban remained in place until 1993, when the government allowed for the creation of the national lottery and some forms of sports betting. And, it’s obviously worth pointing out that this is pre-internet.
In the early 2000s, lawmakers began to push for the legalization of land-based casinos in Brazil. However, these efforts were met with resistance from conservative groups, and to this day, land-based casinos are still illegal in the country.
Why are crypto casinos so popular in Brazil?
First and foremost, online casino and sports betting are easily accessible. All you need is an internet connection and a device to play on, and you can start placing bets right away. This accessibility has made casino gaming and sports betting especially popular among young people in Brazil.
And, given the enormous popularity and cultural significance of football (or soccer) in the country, it’s not a big surprise.
As for non-sports crypto casino then the answer is a little more complex. Wagering on serious Bitcoin casinos gives a level of anonymity that isn’t present in land-based casinos. You can play and bet from the comfort of your own home without having to worry about anyone seeing you.
Finally, the lack of land-based casinos in Brazil has created a bit of a black market for gambling. This has led some people to turn to crypto casinos as a way to have some regulated fun without having to turn to potentially shady, unlicensed sources.
Overall, the legalization of crypto as a payment method is highly likely to facilitate the growth of the crypto iGaming sector in Brazil. By providing a faster, more secure, and more anonymous way to make transactions, crypto can help online casinos attract new players and retain existing ones.
Do your casinos allow sports betting for Brazilians?
Of course. As we mentioned above, online sports betting is massive in Brazil.
While land-based casinos are illegal in Brazil, online sports betting is in a bit of a gray area. It was legalized in 2018, however in March 2023 a law was proposed whereby operators must be based in the country. Whether this will actually come into law isn’t known at present.
2018’s legalization led to many foreign sports betting sites setting up shop in Brazil, as there was no legal barrier preventing them from doing so. However, there’s still a bit of uncertainty around the legality of some of these sites, and you may not always be fully protected by Brazilian law. But all the casinos we work with are licensed in places like Curacao or another well-known jurisdiction, unless specifically stated.
Simply search the toplist above to find a brand that catches your eye, often if it has ‘bet’ in its title it’ll have a sportsbook facility.
Bets.io Casino is unfortunately not allowing players from your country, but we would suggest that you check out Betcoin Casino instead.
Bet in Bitcoin, win in Ether. We haven’t seen a better sportsbook and casino either!
1st Deposit bonus: 100% bonus up to 1 BTC + 1 free spin (Bronze tier II players only) + more deposit bonuses
Payment Methods: 12
Games: 2500+Game Developers: 77+
✔Live casino ✔Crypto Casino ✔Sports betting ✔Wallet to Wallet deposits ✔Tournaments ✔Chat Rain Gifts
Are there any anonymous casinos for Brazilian players?
Who doens’t love a top anonymous casino? We’ve looked at countries across the globe and we’re yet to find one nationality that isn’t a big fan. As we said earlier, due to the history of casinos in the country, Brazilians are a major market for anonymous casinos where they can bet and gamble without the watchful eye of ‘big brother’ over their shoulder.
What are the best crypto casinos in Brazil?
That’s a tricky question to answer since there are so many factors to take into consideration, including personal preferences. Although we have to admit, testing so many casinos for Brazil is a pretty good job! But in no particular order here are some we recommend.
Beti Bet (review): for fans of sports betting you’re spoiled for choice on this crypto casino. Beti Bet provides a rich library of thousands of casino games, and you can participate in various casino tournaments, a VIP program, and a mouth-watering lottery. Sign up now!
Verde Casino (review): Verde Casino offers a range of games from top software providers such as NetEnt and Microgaming, including live casino games, and provides a safe and fair gaming experience. The casino has a generous welcome bonus and promotions, as well as a VIP program. Try it today!
Punt Crypto Casino (review): it’s a great and very well regarded decentralized crypto casino with exciting promotions including lucrative giveaways each day of the week. You can choose coins like Bitcoin Cash and Tron alongside the big hitters to deposit or withdraw and experience instant transactions. Check it out!
Does Crypto Lists show new crypto casinos?
Fresh casinos is what we’re all about! We have a toplist dedicated specifically to new crypto casinos. If you check it out, any casino in the list that isn’t blurred out will be available to players in Brazil.
How to play at Brazilian crypto casinos?
Playing at a crypto casino is similar to playing at a traditional online casino. Here are the steps to follow:
- Choose a reputable crypto casino from the toplist. Look for a casino that is licensed and regulated, offers a variety of games, and has a good rating.
- Create an account. This typically involves providing your email address and creating a username and password.
- Deposit funds. To deposit funds, you will need to transfer cryptocurrency to the casino’s wallet address. This can typically be done by scanning a QR code or copying and pasting the wallet address.
- Choose a game to play. Most crypto casinos offer a variety of games, including slots, table games, and live dealer games.
- Start playing. Once you have selected a game, you can start playing. The rules and gameplay will be similar to traditional online casinos.
- Withdraw your winnings. To withdraw your winnings, you will need to transfer cryptocurrency from the casino’s wallet address to your own wallet address.
Is betting and gambling legal in Brazil?
As we’ve mentioned above, land-based (or ‘brick and mortar’) casinos are illegal across all states in Brazil. Online and crypto casinos operate in somewhat of a grey area as there isn’t any specific legislation about them. Betting on sports is legal as of 2018, however legislation has been proposed whereby any companies that provide those services must be based in Brazil.
Why can I see some casinos that are blurred out?
If you see a casino that’s blurred out, it means it’s not available in Brazil at present. Just check out one of the reviews that are fully visible and you’ll be able to see the kinds of deposit methods available as well as bonuses.
Top 20 sites for trading crypto in Brazil
This is the toplist with the best sites to buy, sell or trade crypto currencies if you’re Brazilian or living in Brazil. To learn more why a certain site is ranked the way it is, you can read our review by clicking the review button. We recommend always using a reputable crypto platform or exchange that has been around for some while, with a good track record, great reputation and positive feedback from its customers when it comes to buying or selling crypto currencies. The better option for you as customer, the better ranking we give them.
Are crypto currencies popular in Brazil?
Cryptocurrencies have been gaining popularity around the world, and Brazil is no exception. In recent years, Brazil has become one of the leading countries in terms of crypto adoption, and this trend is likely to continue.
Which ones are most popular?
Bitcoin is by far the most popular cryptocurrency in Brazil, and it’s the one that most people are familiar with. However, there are several other coins that are gaining popularity in the country, including Ethereum, Litecoin, and Bitcoin Cash.
What about blockchains?
Ethereum is particularly popular in Brazil due to its smart contract capabilities, which allow for more complex transactions and applications to be built on top of the blockchain. Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash are also gaining popularity due to their faster transaction speeds and lower fees compared to Bitcoin.
Is it easy to buy crypto in Brazil?
Buying cryptocurrency in Brazil is relatively easy and straightforward. There are several online platforms where you can buy and sell crypto, and many of them accept Brazilian Real as a payment method. Some popular platforms are showcased below.
To buy crypto in Brazil, you’ll need to create an account on one of these platforms, complete a verification process, and then add funds to your account. You can then use these funds to purchase your chosen cryptocurrency. The process is similar to buying stocks or other investments online, and many of the platforms have user-friendly interfaces that make it easy for even beginners to get started.
Why is crypto big in Brazil?
There are several reasons why crypto is big in Brazil. One of the main reasons is the country’s somewhat unstable economy and volatile currency. In recent years, Brazil has experienced high inflation and a weak currency, which has led many people to look for alternative forms of investment and payment.
During the bear market of 2022, Brazil was one of the outliers and in actual fact, the crypto scene was booming due to the upcoming regulatory changes, and the role Bitcoin has in fighting inflation.
Cryptocurrency offers a decentralized and secure alternative to traditional currency, and it’s not subject to the same fluctuations and uncertainties as fiat currency. Additionally, crypto transactions are faster and cheaper than traditional banking transactions, which makes it an attractive option for many people in Brazil.
Another reason why crypto is big in Brazil is the country’s large and growing tech industry. Brazil is home to several prominent technology companies and startups, and many of these businesses are embracing blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies as a way to innovate and excel.
Are there any crypto hubs in Brazil?
São Paulo Brazil’s financial and economic hub, and it’s not surprising that it is also home to some of the country’s most innovative blockchain startups. Some of the most notable blockchain and crypto companies based in São Paulo include:
- Foxbit: one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in Brazil tailored for Brazilian users. It offers Bitcoin, Litecoin, and other cryptocurrencies to its customers.
- OriginalMy: a blockchain-based digital identity platform that helps businesses and individuals verify their identities and manage their online reputations.
Rio de Janeiro is another key city in Brazil’s crypto ecosystem. It is home to some of the country’s most prominent blockchain startups and has a vibrant community of crypto enthusiasts. Some of the most noteworthy crypto companies based in Rio de Janeiro include:
- Mercado Bitcoin: Brazil’s first and largest Bitcoin exchange. It offers Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Bitcoin Cash to its users.
- Stratum Blockchain Tech: they specialize in creating decentralized applications for businesses and organizations.
- Bancor: a decentralized liquidity network that allows users to convert between cryptocurrencies without the need for a centralized exchange.
Belo Horizonte is quickly becoming a hub for tech startups, and its crypto ecosystem is no exception. Some of the most exciting blockchain companies based in Belo Horizonte include:
- UZZO: a blockchain-based payment platform that allows users to send and receive payments in multiple cryptocurrencies.
- Z.ro: another blockchain-based platform that provides secure and reliable digital identity verification services.
Florianópolis is the capital of the state of Santa Catarina, and a growing tech hub that’s recently attracted a number of blockchain startups. Some of the most promising blockchain companies based there include:
- Kamoney: payment platform that allows users to buy and sell Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies using Brazilian Real.
- SmartMEI: a unique platform that helps micro-entrepreneurs manage their businesses more efficiently.
What are some popular exchanges for buying and trading in Brazil?
MEXC Global (review): MEXC is a well-established exchange platform that is increasingly popular in Brazil due to its wide range of supported cryptocurrencies and low transaction fees. MEXC also offers a user-friendly interface and helpful customer service, making it an ideal choice for both novice and experienced traders. Sign up to MEXC today.
Digifinex (review): a reliable exchange platform that provides users in Brazil with access to a large selection of cryptocurrencies, including many emerging coins. Digifinex is also known for its advanced security measures, making it a trusted choice for those concerned about the safety of their investments. Try Digifinex now.
OKX (review): OKX is a reputable crypto exchange that is well-regarded in Brazil for its extensive range of trading options and intuitive interface. OKX is also known for its strong security features and responsive customer support, making it a popular choice for traders of all levels of experience. Check out OKX!
CEX (review): a well-established exchange platform that has a growing presence in Brazil due to its fast transaction speeds and low fees. CEX also provides a user-friendly interface and a range of payment options, making it a convenient choice for traders looking for a hassle-free experience. Sign up for CEX now.
Number of instruments: 380+ instruments
Description: Sign up to one of the best and most easy-to-use crypto platforms!
Risk warning: Trading, buying or selling crypto currencies is extremely risky and not for everyone. Do not risk money that you could not afford to loose.
How do I buy crypto on an exchange?
Buying crypto on an exchange is a relatively straightforward process. Here are the steps to follow:
- Choose an exchange. Research the different exchanges available and choose one that suits your needs.
- Create an account. To create an account, you will typically need to provide your name, email address, and a form of identification.
- Fund your account. To fund your account, you will need to transfer funds from your bank account or credit card to the exchange.
- Choose a cryptocurrency to buy. Most exchanges offer a variety of cryptocurrencies to choose from, so choose the one that you’re interested in buying.
- Place your order. Once you have chosen a cryptocurrency, place an order to buy it. This will typically involve specifying the amount you want to buy and the price you are willing to pay.
- Receive your cryptocurrency. Once your order has been processed, you will receive the cryptocurrency in your exchange wallet.